Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I can purl!

I know this is over due and I want to apologize to those who have been waiting impatiently for my next post (mom).  I was so excited when I learned to purl because that meant I could do pretty much anything now so I dove in head first.

This project was my inspiration for learning to knit in the first place so I wanted to finish at least one before my next post.  I saw this pattern in a crafty bridal magazine (no I'm not planning a wedding) and I just had to do it for myself.  It's a knit rose!  In the end I should have a full dozen and I can't wait to post pics of the whole bouquet.  It might be a while before the dozen though, I'm still slow.

This is all it looks like after binding off (which I still need to learn to do correctly - it's still on the needle).




I think it looks awesome and would really make a unique bridal bouquet.  P.S The green scarf is still in the works.  I'm on the second ball of yarn!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! They look awesome. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really neat!!! I wish I could knit. I would make afghans with all my nesting craziness coming up. :D I made a macramé hanging vase holder once...

    ReplyDelete